Millions of individuals worldwide are riding mountain bikes. Cycling has become not just an enjoyable sport, but something that you will be able to participate in lifelong. There is an initial expense involved in starting out if you want to buy the best mountain bike, and the first thing you will buy is the bike itself. You will have to research the bike that is best for you, and there are some important things you must ask to help decide upon the best choice.
What is the motivation behind wanting to ride?
How much should you pay for a mountain bike?
What are the main differences between lower priced bikes and those over 1000 dollars?
You will quickly realise that there is an abundance of choices for you to select from. Buying a bike under $1000 does not mean they are automatically perilous in any way, it simply means they are slightly less costly than one which an expert might require and below is an example of some of the best mountain bikes under 1000 dollars.
Best Mountain Bikes Under 1000 dollars On The Market
The restless research has already been done and it’s our turn to show you the five best mountain bikes under 1000 dollars. So, take a look over the details and pick the right MTB in the price range for a great mountain biking experience.
The Sorrento Hard Tail Complete Mountain Bike
Diamondback Sorrento Hard Tail from Diamondback Bicycles, this is an excellent medium range option mountain bike. The bike has a hard-wearing aluminium frame which makes it featherweight so easy to carry on tough going terrain. It also makes sure that replacing the frame will not be necessary for years. It has easy rolling 27.5″ wheels which can manoeuvre over obstructions with constancy.
The indispensable suspension forks are physically powerful enough to keep going straight on an uneven stretch, as considering your speed is vital when riding. It is important to have a bike that will not drag you down. It comes in different sizes, which go a long way to cover all your preferences so you are not then tied to ride on a bike that you are uncomfortable with.
BEIOU® Toray T700 Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike Complete Bicycle
BEIOU products are made mainly with Toray T700 carbon fibre, so when buying this bike you will be guaranteed to be getting powerful tensile strength and rigidity. This is a choice bike for safety and sturdiness and has the addition feature of being able to speed up quickly when your are out riding. This is a great bike for different terrains as it has a 27 Speed 26-Inch wheel that will get you where you are going safely and fairly smoothly.
The gears are smooth and unfailing, especially important on any uphill stretch as your gears need to shift smoothly when required to keep you going for as long as you want.
Diamondback Bicycles Hook Hard Tail Complete Mountain Bike
This is a bike that will take years of heavy use on trail riding and long distance rides. Diamondback specialises in bikes that are robust and road worthy. The Hook bike will give you the confidence and manoeuvrability to take your riding to another level.
This bike benefits from having a 6061-T6 Hydroformed and butted alloy frame which has short chainstays, helping you with stability while going up and down hills and negotiating tight corners. There is a fundamental geometry to the structure of this bike which creates a reassuring balance of strength, and ultimately, more forceful acceleration to get you to where you want to be faster.
2015 Montague Paratrooper Mountain Folding Bike in Matte in Cammy Green
The Montague Paratrooper is a folding mountain bikes that offers sophisticated features with 24 gear speeds to get you up hills. This bike is known for its toughness and load bearing capacity, making this folding bike brilliant for everyday commutes. The Paratrooper has smart integration of its patented CLIX System which allows it to be folded up in under 20 seconds, amazingly without the use of any tools.
It is designed to remove the need to break the frame in order to fold it up, making it one of the strongest folding bikes available on the market. The bike has super safe front and rear mechanical disc brakes keeping you secure. As an added extra design feature, it provides sober full suspension when going downhill with your bike.
Diamondback Overdrive Comp 29er Mountain Bike – Nashbar Exclusive
This aluminium framed hardtail 29er, comes complete with Deore hydraulic brakes, so unquestionably punches above its weight in terms of top performance and price. It has a RockShox XC30 TK 29″ suspension fork so you can achieve accurate and smooth steering . Components-wise, you can do no wrong with a Shimano Deore drivetrain. You need to opt for a 29er because of their undeniably large diameter wheels which are ideal for a smooth ride over difficult terrain – and the Overdrive Comp has you covered with a rock-solid wheelset. The Hand-built 6061-T6 aluminium 29er hardtail frame has the benefit of a custom formed and butted tubing frame for might, stiffness, and a light weight user friendly bike.
The Real Benefits Of Mountain Biking
- To Explore Beautiful Locations – Riding your bike instead of driving or even taking a bus will give you more time to view what is happening around you. A bike can go anywhere amazing and soon you can be noticing nature, relaxing as you ride among the scenery, and as you ride your environment can inspire or stimulate you. Unlike working out in the gym, bike riding gets you out into the fresh air.
- Make Biking Social – It is difficult to chat with friends and family whilst swimming or running, but bike riding with friends lets you talk. You can also have a picnic or well earned rest together at the end of your trip.
- Body Workout – Mountain Biking gives you an enhanced workout – Riding lets you include a fitness activity into your everyday, even when you think there is no time for a workout. It is possible to get the same cardiovascular benefits from riding your bike that you get from any other form of exercise like jogging, swimming or dancing. Your muscles get a real boost too, strengthening your thighs, hips arms and upper body.
- Mind Over Matter – Bike riding is a confirmed stress releaser. If you are riding merely for pleasure or for a precise purpose, you will reach your destination feeling tranquil, energised and more contented about the world around you and yourself. All bike riding results in clearing your mind and helping you relax and enjoy yourself.
- Added Extra Health Benefits – Riding outdoors also exposes you to natural sunlight which is a necessary source of vitamin D and so can go towards reducing seasonal affect disorders.
Types Of Mountain Bike That You Can Buy
Cross-Country Mountain Bikes
Cross country bikes are the classy, lightest bikes of the bunch and in addition are the most professional peddlers. Cross country bikes are intended for more long-distance, trail routes, built are light and accessible, while still having strength enough to hold to a bit of coarse terrain.
A cross country bike will not be built to survive the big downhill, however, it will be able to hold onto jumps and big drops. Cross country bikes have comparatively short suspension, making them less bouncy, so not always the best choice for the bumps in the road.
Free Ride Mountain Bikes
A Free ride bike is what you need if you really want a fast paced downhill ride, but would rather not get off to push your bike at the smallest amount of incline. Free ride bikes have the perfect geometry for being aggressive to any downhill trail and also they have the strength to stop you from hitting the ground because of a snapped frame.
Much of the time, Free ride bikes are for climbing and the wheels will be lighter than your regular downhill bike. This is the case as the rotational weight in any bike wheel is the biggest things holding your bike back, and so it is the place to give help in order to increase pedalability.
Downhill Mountain Bikes
Downhill bikes are wild, being built for staying in one piece after a fast ride on the most difficult terrain. They can usually survive drops and hills that no other bike can. They can make a competent rider feel as though they are a sporting Olympian.
They are not made to pedal uphill as they are just not created for this. If you are however anywhere near a downhill, you will experience a fast paced, gliding, easy ride and can have the confidence to negotiate anything.
Things To Consider When Buying A Mountain Bike Under 1000 dollars
- Perfect Suspension Makes Your Ride – Suspension is usually split into the front (forks) and the rear (shocks), and both come in a wide range of models and price points. Suspension setups are aimed typically at one or another of the mountain bike types. Heavy big-travel forks and shocks are for your downhill bikes, and lighter, short forks and shocks are for cross country. Suspension bike parts come in the widest ranges in price and the more you pay, often, the better quality. Top quality suspension is fun when things get fast and uneven.
- Frame Materials Make Your Bike – The frame is the all important backbone of your bike. It is obviously what joins everything else together so it is a key element to get right. There are many of options here, but, a good frame should last for years if fitted correctly. A good frame can make a big difference to how much pleasure you get from riding your bike. Many bike components will wear out and so with a good frame that you can build on, you can upgrade easily over time. You can ensure that you bike grows with you, along with your skill with a good frame.
- Get Your Gears Right -You need an assured amount of power to get your bike moving and how much is dependant on how fast you need to go, what your bike weighs and the gradient of the ground that you are riding on. Gear give power and is a function of your level of torque and also your pedalling speed. An abundance of gears allows you maintain a constant range of speeds on various inclines. On your gears single speed, to ride twice as fast, you have to pedal twice as fast, and it is easy fatigue, so consider your strength when picking your gear types.
Remember to wear a helmet on every ride as Head injuries are responsible for bike related deaths. Be very visible by wearing bright clothing when bike riding. If night riding is necessary, do wear reflective clothing and utilise bicycle lights. Equip your mountain bike with spoke reflectors, a bell and a rear view mirror.
Bad weather also lowers your visibility and can unhelpfully affect bike handling. Also remember that bikes must follow the same road traffic rules as all other vehicles so learn to use hand signals before turning, and always obey traffic light signals.
Hopefully this article has given you some insight to help you choose your mountain bike wisely. Choose a bike brand that has a proven track record of trustworthiness and high levels customer satisfaction and do your research to find a bike that has proven itself over time.
Also Read These Helpful Articles If You Want To Find The Best Bikes For Other Price Range